Subsidiary of China’s CGNPC lists €500m green bond on the GEM
CGNPC International Limited, a subsidiary of China General Nuclear Power Corporation (CGNPC), lists a €500m green bond on the Global Exchange Market (GEM) of Euronext Dublin.
The green bond is unconditionally and irrevocably guaranteed by CGNPC, has a 2% interest rate and a maturity date of September 2025.
CGNPC International Limited also listed a €500m green bond on GEM in 2017.
About China General Nuclear Power Corporation
China General Nuclear Power Corporation (the CGNPC Group) principally engages in the generation and sale of power and construction, operation and management of nuclear and renewable power plants and projects in the People’s Republic of China.
In 2017, the CGNPC Group had international business covering more than 20 countries and its overseas operating revenue accounted for approximately 20% of the total revenue.
As at 30 June 2018, the CGNPC Group’s total assets amounted to RMB648.2 billion.
Euronext Dublin attracts green bond issuers from around the globe
Other international issuers with green bonds listed on our markets include:
- China Three Gorges Corporation, a clean energy group focusing on large-scale hydropower development and operations, has a €650m green bond listed on GEM.
- Acciona, the Spanish based world leader in renewal energy, water and infrastructure, has a €1billion euro Medium Term Note (MTN) programme listed on the Main Securities Market (MSM).
- Enel, a multinational energy company and a leading global integrated electricity and gas operator working in 31 countries across 4 continents, has a €35bn global-MTN listed on Euronext Dublin.
- NAFIN, focused on sustainable projects meeting the environmental goals of the Mexican government, listed a US$500m bond in 2015.
- Paprec, the French recycling and waste management specialist has listed two green bonds on GEM, valued at €705m.
- Senvion, headquartered in Germany and one of the leading manufacturers of onshore and offshore wind turbines, listed a €400m green bond in 2017.
- Alperia, the Italian provider of energy from renewable sources, has three green bond notes listed on the MSM totalling €375m.
- In addition, Nordic bank, SEB, listed a 5 year green bond and Swedish Export Credit Corporation, issued a green bond to finance its green lending activities.
Euronext Dublin – exchange of choice for listing green bonds
Euronext Dublin is part of Euronext Group, the pan-European exchange, and is designated as its centre of excellence for the listing of debt & funds and ETFs. Combining access to European investors with guaranteed turnaround times for listing, Euronext Dublin is the exchange venue of choice for listing green bonds in Europe.
Euronext is the #1 exchange globally for listing bonds with >37,000 listings from 90 countries around the globe.
- CGNPC International Limited's listing particulars
- Details of CGNPC International Limited debt listing