Winners of the 2017 Published Accounts Awards announced
DCC plc has emerged as overall winner of this year’s Published Accounts Awards (PAA) 2017. Organised by the Chartered Accountants Ireland Leinster Society, the PAA are sponsored by the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE). They honour companies for achieving excellence in their financial reporting.
A total of 25 public and private companies, including not-for-profit organisations, competed as finalists across eleven award categories.
List of winners of the Published Accounts Awards 2017
- Overall Award: DCC plc
- Large Quoted Company: CRH plc
- Small/Medium Quoted Companies: Dalata Hotel Group plc
- Irish Companies listed on a foreign market: DCC plc
- Enterprise Securities Market: Total Produce plc
- Statutory Unquoted Companies: ESB
- Large Not-for-Profit: Clúid Housing Association
- Small Medium Not-for-Profit: Aidlink
- Social Responsibility Reporting: CRH plc
- Branding, Communication and Marketing Award: Kingspan Group plc
- Best Digital Reporting Award: UDG Healthcare plc
Now in their 40th year, the awards were presented at a gala evening event in Dublin’s Shelbourne Hotel, on November 24, and attended by 290 business professionals.
Orla O’Gorman, Head of Equity at the ISE, said that annual reports are an important mechanism for companies to communicate their corporate strategy and business performance to investors and stakeholders.
“Digital has become the primary channel for the consumption of this corporate information and I am delighted that excellence in this area has been recognised this year with the introduction of the ‘best digital reporting’ award,” she said.
Oliver Holt, Chairman, Chartered Accountants Ireland - Leinster Society, said that the awards provided welcome encouragement to communicate financial reporting information with clarity and brevity.
“The Published Accounts Awards continue to play an important role showcasing the best-in-class reporting for others to follow,” he said.