Mexican global building materials company, CEMEX, lists on GEM
CEMEX, the Mexican global building materials company, lists additional notes valued at €650m on the Global Exchange Market (GEM) of the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE). The notes, with a 2.75% interest rate, have a maturity date of December 2024. CEMEX and some of its subsidiaries already have multiple bonds listing on the ISE.
CEMEX is one of the leading cement manufacturers in the world and also one of the world’s top traders of cement and clinker.
CEMEX provides its products and services to customers and communities in more than 50 countries throughout the world and maintains trade relationships in 100 nations. It has almost 41,000 employees worldwide.
ISE is European listing venue of choice for Latin American issuers
The Main Securities Market (MSM) and the GEM attracts a wide range of issuers from Latin America for bond listings. Some notable listings on the ISE’s two bond markets, include:
- Falabella, the Chilean multinational chain of department stores, which has multiple listings on the GEM including US$500m notes listed in 2013 and US$400m notes.
- Pemex, the Mexican oil Company, which listed bonds denominated in Mexican Pesos (Ps) valued at Ps 25.3bn on the GEM.
- Votorantim Cimentos, the largest cement company in Brazil, which has a total of €929m notes listed on the GEM.
- CLISA, the leading Argentinian infrastructure manager and developer, which listed a total of US$300m notes on the GEM.
- Banco Santander Chile, part of the Santander Group, which has a US$5bn Medium-Term Notes Program approved for listing on the MSM.
- Cementos Pacasmayo, one of the largest cement companies in Peru, has a US$300m notes listing on the GEM.
ISE is#1 venue worldwide for listing bonds
October 2017 statistics published by the World Federation of Exchanges show that the ISE is ranked as #1 for total bond listings and #1 for new bond listings in 2017 among 67 and 52 exchanges worldwide.