ISE is the European listing venue of choice for Latin American issuers
In October and November 2017, CFE listed two additional bonds known as Cebures (Certificados Bursátiles), denominated in Mexican Pesos (Ps) with an aggregate value of Ps 10bn on the Global Exchange Market (GEM) of the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE). In November 2017, Grupo Bimbo issued and listed US$650m debt securities on GEM. In addition, Grupo Bimbo has multiple listings on the GEM totalling US$2.9bn.
"We are delighted to receive repeat business from Mexico's CFE and Grupo Bimbo" - Gerard Scully, Director International Primary Markets
Gerard Scully, Director International Primary Markets, said: “The ISE is proud to be the European venue of choice for Latin American issuers and delighted to receive repeat business from Mexico’s CFE and Grupo Bimbo. Listing on a recognised European stock exchange brings many benefits to fixed income issuers allowing them to access European institutional investors and deliver high standards of transparency to their investors.”
CFE is the national electricity company of Mexico and 100% owned by the Mexican government.
CFE is the only company responsible for the transmission, sub-transmission and distribution of electricity for public service purposes throughout Mexico.
CFE generates, distributes and markets electric power for almost 35.3 million customers. This figure represents almost 100 million people. CFE incorporates more than a million new customers every year.
CFE creates electric power using various technologies and various primary energy sources. It has thermoelectric, hydroelectric, coal-fired, geothermal and wind powered plants and facilities, as well as one nuclear power plant.
About Grupo Bimbo
Grupo Bimbo, the Mexican consumer food company, is a world leader in its industry.
Grupo Bimbo is present in 32 countries in America, Asia, Africa and Europe and has over 13,000 products and over 100 brands.
ISE is European listing venue of choice for Latin American issuers
Other high profile Latin American listings on the ISE’s two bond markets, the Main Securities Market (MSM) and the GEM include:
- Falabella, the Chilean multinational chain of department stores, which has multiple listings on the GEM including US$500m notes listed in 2013 and US$400m notes.
- Pemex, the Mexican oil Company, which listed bonds denominated in Mexican Pesos (Ps) valued at Ps 25.3bn on the GEM.
- Votorantim Cimentos, the largest cement company in Brazil, which has a total of €929m notes listed on the GEM.
- CLISA, the leading Argentinian infrastructure manager and developer, which listed a total of US$300m notes on the GEM.
- Banco Santander Chile, part of the Santander Group, has a US$5bn Medium-Term Notes Program approved for listing on the MSM.
- Cementos Pacasmayo, one of the largest cement companies in Peru, has a US$300m notes listing on the GEM.
ISE is#1 venue worldwide for listing bonds
The ISE is the leading exchange in the world for listing bonds according to October 2017 statistics published by the World Federation of Exchanges which ranked the ISE as #1 for total bond listings and #1 for new bond listings in 2017.