Banco Votorantim, one of Brazil’s largest banks, lists on GEM
Brazilian bank, Banco Votorantim, lists additional notes on the Global Exchange Market (GEM) of the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) with issuance of USD $300m notes. The notes have a 8.25% interest rate. Banco Votorantim listed more than USD $1bn notes on GEM in 2010.
About Banco Votorantim
Banco Votorantim is one of the largest Brazilian banks by total assets. Its services include corporate banking, wealth management and consumer finance.
It is headquartered in São Paulo and has service outlets in all major Brazilian cities, a subsidiary in the Bahamas, and broker dealers located in New York and London. It has a strategic partnership with Banco do Brasil, Brazil's largest financial institution in terms of assets.
Latin American issuers choosing the ISE as their European listing venue
The ISE has attracted bond listings from a range of Latin American corporates including:
- Votorantim Cimentos, the largest cement company in Brazil, which has a total of €929m notes listed on the GEM.
- Banco Santander Chile, part of the Santander Group, which has a US$5bn Medium-Term Notes Program approved for listing on the MSM.
- Falabella, the Chilean multinational chain of department stores, which has multiple listings on the GEM including US$500m notes listed in 2013 and US$400m notes.
- CLISA, the leading Argentinian infrastructure manager and developer, which listed a total of US$300m notes on the GEM.
- Cementos Pacasmayo, one of the largest cement companies in Peru, has a US$300m notes listing on the GEM.
- Pemex, the Mexican oil company, which listed bonds denominated in Mexican Pesos (Ps) valued at Ps 25.3bn on the GEM.
ISE is#1 venue worldwide for listing bonds
October 2017 statistics published by the World Federation of Exchanges show that the ISE is ranked as #1 for total bond listings and #1 for new bond listings in 2017.