Irish Stock Exchange events raise funds for charities in 2016
The Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) was delighted to once again support a range of charities through fund raising initiatives and events during 2016.
Among the fundraising activities that ISE staff took took part in during 2016 were:
- An ’Inca Challenge’ competition where ISE staff tracked their steps for a month to raise funds for LauraLynn@HOME. The ‘Inca Challenge’ was inspired by the ISE’s Chief Executive Deirdre Somers' personal fundraising for LauraLynn@Home when she completed the Inca Trail in July
- A tea morning and Last Man Standing competition in aid of Anam Cara
- A table quiz in support of Age Action Ireland
- A Halloween movie night to raise funds to support twin brothers Luke and Zack Cullen who suffer from Angelman Syndrome
- A coffee and tea reception in aid of Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland
- A donation to help support the Autism community through www.AsIAm.ie
The charities in 2016 were chosen by the ISE’s Charity Committee. The Charity Committee is made up of ISE staff members who volunteer their time to organise and run various fundraising events over the year.