ISE CEO, Deirdre Somers, speaks at the ICMA Conference in Dublin
The Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) CEO, Deirdre Somers, spoke at the International Capital Markets Association (ICMA) Conference in Dublin’s Convention Centre today. Deirdre spoke on a panel about how fixed income markets have evolved since the financial crisis, the impact of electronification on liquidity in debt capital markets and on business models.
The ICMA AGM and Conference is considered a “must go to” event for global debt capital markets participants. Held in Dublin for the first time, the conference attracted over 1,000 international delegates from the global financial community to discuss market and regulatory developments.
Other speakers at the event included:
- Minister for Finance, Michael Noonan
- Professor Philip Lane, Governor of the Central Bank of Ireland
- Steven Maijoor, Chairman, European Securities and Markets Authority
- Neil Sorohan, Chief Financial Officer, Ryanair Holdings plc
- Dr Kay Swinburne, MEP, Member of Economic and Monetary Affairs, European Parliament
The Irish Stock Exchange is a leading exchange globally for the listing of debt securities and has over 27,000 bonds from 80 countries around the world listed on its two markets - the Main Securities Market and the Global Exchange Market.