Irish Stock Exchange celebrates 10 years of the Enterprise Securities Market (ESM)
- ISE publishes new IPO guide for companies planning ESM listing
- €7 billion raised by ESM-listed companies since inception
- ESM grows from 8 companies in 2005 to 27 today
- ESM “a highly successful route to capital and investors for high-growth companies” - ISE CEO Deirdre Somers
The Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) has today marked the 10th anniversary of its Enterprise Securities Market (ESM) with the publication of a new guide to listing on the market for IPO candidate companies.
Since inception in 2005, over €7 billion in new capital has been raised by companies that have listed on the ESM.
The ESM now counts 27 member companies – up from 8 at inception – across the pharmaceutical, tourism, financial services, technology, manufacturing, exploration, construction, business support services and retail sectors.
Recent new listings on the ESM include:
- Malin Corporation – raised €330m in one of Europe’s largest ever life sciences IPOs
- Dalata Hotel Group – raised €265m, with a further €210m post-IPO
- Mainstay Medical – raised €90m
- Applegreen – raised €70m
Speaking at the launch of the new ESM Guide, ISE Chief Executive Deirdre Somers said:
“The ESM has been a highly successful route to capital and international investors for high-growth companies.
An ESM listing offers these companies access to a deep pool of investors located throughout the world. It also offers the support of a vibrant Irish ecosystem of brokers, analysts and advisors to help them get the capital and the profile they need to grow.
We look forward to welcoming many more success stories to the ESM in the coming years and would encourage companies considering a listing to join our successful #IPOready programme which will support them on their journey to the public markets.”
Pat McCann, Chief Executive of Dalata Hotel Group plc, said:
“Our ESM listing has allowed us to grow our business and turn our ambitions into reality. We were delighted to raise €265m from our IPO last year and to follow this up with two further successful fundraisings amounting to €210m in 2015.”
John Given, Chairman of Malin Corporation plc, said:
"We listed exclusively on the ESM as it is an ideal exchange for our Irish, European and global investor base who participated in our IPO and who share our long term vision for Malin.”
New ESM guide
The new guide launched today provides comprehensive information to companies considering a listing on the ESM. It includes:
- A description of the ESM and companies that list on it
- Information on advisors
- Step-by-step information on the journey towards listing
- Legal, financial, communications and regulatory considerations
- An investor perspective
Earlier this year the ISE commenced #IPOready which is a programme designed to educate CEOs and CFOs on accessing capital markets for strategic funding. The ISE also runs dedicated IPO bootcamps for companies considering a stock market listing.
Interested in listing on the ISE or attending an IPOready programme or bootcamp? Contact Orla O’Gorman, Head of Equity at email@example.com