ISE hosts Opalesque Roundtable focused on the funds industry in Ireland
The Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) was delighted to host the inaugural Opalesque Ireland roundtable which took place at the end of June 2015 on the ISE’s historic trading floor.
Gerry Sugrue, Vice President, International Primary Markets at the ISE took part in the roundtable discussion which has now been published by Opalesque, the online news service provider in the alternatives sector, as one of its Roundtable Series for 2015 (the Series). The Series covers the most important global hedge fund jurisdictions and bring together some of the leading hedge fund managers (single and multi-strategy managers) as well as representatives of the local investor base (institutions, fund of funds, advisors).
The session at the ISE also included the following participants from the Irish funds industry
- Andrea Kelly, PWC
- Andrew Meleady, Abbey Capital
- Ciaran Kane, Three Rock Capital
- Peter Shubotham, Swiss Capital Invest Holding (Dublin)
- John Lowry, ML Capital
- Patrick Hogarty, Alder Capital
The group also discussed
- Reality check: How do discretionary and systematic traders deal with situations such as Greece?
- New funds: More Asian managers to launch UCITS. Yield enhancement strategies using private debt, direct lending, shipping and real assets
- Why and how the alternative and the traditional investment worlds converge
- Detailed update on challenges & opportunities with AIFMD: longer term benefits should outweigh frustrations.