Highlights from ISE activities for six special charities during 2014
The Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) committed to support six special charities in 2014 - CASA, Irish Cancer Society, Cystinosis Foundation Ireland, Peter McVerry Trust, Pieta House and ALONE. Our activities were aimed at supporting the charities to raise awareness and much needed funds for the work that they do.
Some of our highlights of 2014:
- Our monthly cake bake in aid of CASA
- A “Pink Day” where staff wore pink to work for the Irish Cancer Society’s Breast Cancer Awareness campaign
- Movember - ten of our male staff members grew moustaches and beards to raise funds for cancer research during November
- Hosting a gathering of the top 20 consultants and researchers from around the world for Cystinosis Foundation Ireland.
- Volunteering for church collections on behalf of the Peter McVerry Trust.
- Taking part in the Darkness into Light procession in Phoenix Park for Pieta House.
- A coffee morning, carol singing and raffle for ALONE.
The ISE has a Charity Committee which consists of volunteers from staff members who organise and promote charity events throughout the year within the ISE.