In accordance with its obligations as an authorised market operator and MTF provider under MiFID, the ISE has in place rules which govern the operations and activities of member firms on the ISE's markets, the Rules of the Irish Stock Exchange.
The ISE monitors member firms' compliance with these Rules.
Rules of the ISE Release 17 (effective April 2014)
All member firms are bound by the Rules and they cover:
- The application and ongoing notification requirements for member firms and registered traders
- Trading on ISE Xetra®
- Trading in Irish Government Bonds and other securities
- Clearing and settlement of trades
- The ISE's disciplinary process
The Market Parameters document is a guide for member firms trading securities on the ISE's markets. It is designed to be read alongside the Rules and it covers topics such as:
- Trading securities on ISE Xetra®
- Trading in Government Bonds and other securities
- Market making parameters.