All companies admitted to the Main Securities Market are required to have a sponsor both at the time of admission and on an ongoing basis. The main functions of a sponsor are to:
- Act as principal point of contact between the company, its advisors and the Irish Stock Exchange;
- Assess the company’s suitability for listing;
- Advise on the method of bringing the company’s shares to listing;
- Draw up the detailed timetable and co-ordinates the activities of other professional advisers;
- Deal with the Irish Stock Exchange in the resolution of comments on the listing particulars;
- Provide the Irish Stock Exchange with certain confirmation relating to the financial status of the issuer; and
- Advise and guide the company on the application of the Listing Rules.
Click here for a list of registered sponsors. For more information on becoming a sponsor please contact Lesley Williams, Head of Irish Market, at +353 1 6175131 or mobile: +353 87 2215273 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for more information on the application process.