Professional advisors play an integral role in achieving successful flotation and can assist with a wide range of issues including legal, financial, accounting, valuation, due diligence, suitability for a public market such as the MSM, prospectus preparation, underwriting and marketing of the flotation.
Corporate Finance Advisor/ Support
Your sponsor will guide your company on the Listing Rules and relevant securities legislation in the build up to your flotation and after admission will continue to provide advice and guidance on the Listing Rules on a continuing basis. Your sponsor will work closely with you to:
- Determine if your company is appropriate for listing and the MSM;
- Act as the principal point of contact between your company and the ISE;
- Manage the flotation process, including bringing together and coordinating a full team of advisors, setting the admission timetable and advising on regulatory matters.
- Assist your company in preparing its prospectus document; and
- After the flotation, to advise your company on compliance with relevant securities legislation, the Listing Rules, the UK Corporate Governance Code and the Irish Corporate Governance Annex
A list of ISE registered sponsors are available by clicking here.
Your broker will play the lead role in raising funds during the flotation process and ensuring successful after-market in your shares by bringing together buyers and sellers. Your broker may be from the same firm as your sponsor.
Your reporting accountant will conduct an independent review of your company’s financial records and will assist in preparing the financial information required for admission to the MSM.
Your legal advisor will play a central role advising on all key aspects of the flotation process and the ongoing requirements of the company and its directors following admission to listing and the MSM.
Public/Investor Relations Advisor
The IPO process is the start of a very visible and high profile life as a public company and ensuring that your company's story is communicated in the best possible manner to the investment community is crucial. Your PR/IR advisor will manage the flow of information during and after the flotation.